Open position for a hardware (firmware) engineer.
Merging Technologies is a leading company designing high-end audio equipment for professionals. We are specialized in high quality and Audio over IP (AoIP).
To support the growing demands of hardware products, Merging is seeking a hardware/firmware engineer to join its team in Puidoux, Switzerland.
Primary occupations include:
- Design and implement firmware for the FPGAs (Xilinx) embedded in our designs using VHDL
- Create testbenches and use simulation to validate the design
- Participate in discussions to propose, and/or evaluate solutions to technological and performance requirements.
- Use agreed-upon tools to manage and maintain project components including code and design documentation, code base/version control, and project management
- Conduct peer code review
Successful applicants will have the following experience, skills, and characteristics:
- FPGA design experience including timing closure, design cycle, simulation, and test tools
- VHDL and Xilinx tools (Vivado)
- Simulator (Xilinx iSim) experience
- Working knowledge of Ethernet/IP/TCP/USB and familiarity with packet processing, is an advantage
- Experience in Linux kernel module development
- C/C++ Embedded Software experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of PCB design (Altium/Mentor PADS) is an advantage
- Use of Linux administration and network tools
- Working knowledge of Linux and scripting languages (Shell, Python)
- Working knowledge of distributed version-control systems (SVN preferred)
- French and English skills required
Contact us at email@example.com with your curriculum vitae and your motivation letter.
Merging Technologies S.A.